Social media is a great device for businesses if it is used properly and to its fullest potential. Social media is great for business because it is a an effective way to reach thousands of people very quickly and fairly easily. Social media is also free advertising for your business, so why not use it.
Yaitza Canterbury, who writes a blog called SocialADAMANTIUM, thinks that bussinesses should focus on these ten things on social media:
1. You have to be active. – Make a concerted effort to PARTICIPATE in social media.
2. Build relationships to build loyalty. – Social media is about building relationships, not selling. Provide excellent customer service.
3. Be honest and transparent in your communication.
4. Don’t pretend to be something your not. – Be true to your brand.
5. Humanize your brand. – The Internet is faceless. In an anonymous medium, it is vital that brands connect and engage their customers.
6. Listen! – This is crucial. Social media is a platform for two-way communication. Think of it in the same way you would a face-to-face conversation.
7. Seek feedback. – Want to know if you’re doing things right, ask. It shows that you care about your customers. And don’t be afraid of negative feedback; embrace it. It provides the opportunity to rise to the occasion.
8. Be relevant and timely in your participation. – Address all feedback promptly.
9. If pertinent, provide incentives. – Discounts, coupons, and special offers might be a great way to grow your online presence.
10. Provide a variety of content. – Use photos, videos, podcasts, webinars, whitepapers, infographics … the sky’s the limit. Just make sure that the content you post is relevant, timely, and has a clear call to action.
I think that all these tips are great. I think the most important tip is the first one because it is very important to keep customers interested. To do this you should make sure that you have a schedule of when you are going to post information so that your customers can know when to expect content. I also think it is very important to listen to what customers are saying on social media and respond back to them so that they feel that they matter to your company.